Become a Bookseller with Queer Lit
Are you aged between 16-24 and currently on Universal Credit?
As a Queer Lit Bookseller you will need to have a real flair for selling our products and have the confidence to make excellent product recommendations while showcasing our titles in an enticing and brand-focused way. Experience in a Bookselling environment would be great but we are mostly looking for someone who is as passionate about books as we are.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responding to emails throughout the day
- Answering the telephone to help customers
- Checking in new books, as well as shelving, categorising, sorting and arranging books throughout the warehouse
- Updating the website and processing orders
- Perform stocktakes
- Write book recommendations for our website and newsletter
- Previous experience in a customer facing role e.g. retail, hospitality or service industry
- Positive and outgoing manner when dealing with customers
- Keen interest in LGBTQ+ books
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivated, efficient, with a positive and proactive manner
Experience working with e-commerce platform Shopify
Illustration / design abilities (Photoshop)
In return you will receive:
- A living wage of £9.50 per hour (25 hours a week)
- 28 days holiday per year (pro rata)
- Discount on books
- A fun an exciting environment with great opportunities for development and progression.